At the beginning of the year 2020, I promised myself that I would be eating healthier. But even when I made that promise, I did not imagine Quinoa kindda healthy. Most to most I thought, I’d cut off all those artificially sweetened drinks. With this post, I give myself a proud pat on the back for the journey to good health (once you set your mind for it) is not long, nor hard to achieve.
This recipe is inspired by Frugal Mama’s recipe (on pinterest).
Think Spicy Tuna Roll at your favourite Japanese restaurant and give it a healthier twist and you have yourself a delicious & guilt-free bowl for lunch.
I made a few adaptations to the original recipe by swapping a basic mayo with a wasabiflavoured mayo instead. I also went ahead and added lots of micro-green sprouts, because of the powerful impact they have as a vegetable but also because of the texture & colour that they provide to a dish.
I am totally feeling fancy shmancy as I type this post and hope that you enjoy the flavours as much as I did.
• ½ can tuna flakes in brine
• 2-3 tbsp pre-cooked quinoa, cooled down
• ½ cucumber
• 1 whole lime, juice
• 100gms micro-greens (I used raddhish, any other will do)
• 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
• 2-3 tbsp wasabi flavoured mayonnaise
• a few drops sesame oil
• 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
1. Transfer the wasabi mayonnaise to a salad/mixing bowl.
2. Add sriracha sauce, lime juice & sesame oil. Stir to combine the flavours and form a smooth dressing.
3. Add in the tuna flakes, along with some quinoa & cucumber. Mix to combine the ingredients with the sauce.
4. Add in some microgreens. Mix again.
5. Sprinkle sesame seeds to the mix.
6. Serve immediately.