Browniessss…. Aren’t they like your forever craving? There isn’t any one person that I know who ever says, “No I don’t feel like having brownies”, ever!
I am sharing with you a super basic recipe. One that you can whip up with your kids minus any complicated equipments and for bonus the recipe is so quick you won’t be blowing your fuse over it.
The brownies you will have from this recipe are light & soft centered with bits of chocolate chunks in each bite.
So if you are looking for an easy kitchen activity to indulge your little ones during this off schooling period of Covid-days. Let me tell you that, this is the recipe you were unknowingly looking for.
Ingredients: – (makes about 12x5inch pieces)
- 1 cup melted butter (room temperature)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (any odourless oil i.e. sunflower or rice bran)
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup dark brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup good quality cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup chocolate chunks (or more)
- Pre-heat the oven at 175 °C
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the melted butter, oil and both type of sugar together.
- Then add in the eggs & whisk again.
- Sift in the flour if you see lumps else just drop them into the bowl as it is.
- Use a spatula to combine ine the ingredients and form a batter. Make sure to get all dried ingredients from the side of the mixing bowl as well as on the bottom to mix well.
- Finally, add in most of the chocolate chunks you prepared. Leave some to sprinkle over the top.
- Line a parchment paper on to your baking dish/brownie tin.
- Transfer the batter onto the dish. Using a spatula spread it out evenly. Make sure you cover the corners.
- Add some more chocolate chunks over the top. You can be very generous here.
- Set to bake for 20-25 minutes. Keep a close watch as over cooked brownies can be very dry and crumbly. Once the outer rim starts to darken and the centre still looks moist and soft. That is when you remove it from the oven.
- Let it cool completely before you cut into your desired shape/size. To quicken the cooling, keep in the refrigerator for two hours.
- If you wish to have them warm, microwave for 20-30seconds before serving.