Pandan leaf is a fragrant & popular ingredient used in flavouring of Thai desserts. It is also a very famous summer drink and has many medicinal values.
The weather here in Thailand is extremely warm and it is only the beginning of our very warm days! I drink lots of water, I do…but even water at such times isn’t enough to quench thirst nor cool the body temperature and hence nature provides!!! Nature provides us with natural ingredients such as the panda plant to help cool our systems, lower fever and many more symptoms like high blood pressure, dandruff etc.
With only 3 ingredients and 10 minutes on hand, you can easily prepare and stock this drink up in your fridge for whenever you need a little help cooling down.
- 6-8 pandan leaves (homegrown)
- 2-3 tsp granulated sugar
- 1.5 litre water
- Bring water to a boil. Add in the pandan leaves.
- Lower heat and cook for 10minutes. (Do not cover the pan).
- Remove the leaves and add sugar. Add as much as you like, adjust according to your preference.
- Leave it to cool.
- Pour into jar and serve with lots of ice.