Children irresistibly jump at any opportunity to get their little hands messy, be it with sand, paint…. or even food. How many times do you have to remind your little ones to pick up their spoon and fork? Maybe you can let them be, just for this once?
Roll your drums for this easy, aromatic and flavoursome recipe that will surely be a crowd – pleaser.
It’s the Asian flavoured drumsticks!!! Something kids can dig into right away (without worrying you will give them an earful!)
The original recipe calls for chicken thighs; thighs, wings and legs work equally well so pick whichever you prefer.
This dish is a true bliss on a plate and is a cinch to make. It does not require any ‘long-hour’ marinating. It’s also a great pairing with the beverage of choice, whether it is beer or soft drinks making it an ideal plate for all ! Here’s to recipes that are wiped off the plates in a jiff… Cheers!!!
This recipe is inspired from Gourmet & Cuisine magazine Thailand, November 2012 edition.
- 8 chicken legs
- 4 tsp unsalted butter
- 4 tsp dark soya sauce
- 4 tsp light soya sauce
- 4 tsp sugar
- 4 tsp roasted white sesame
- 4 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt & black pepper according to taste
- Slit the chicken legs carefully to make some openings under the skin. Using your clean hands put into these openings some butter and garlic.
- In a large bowl, marinate the chicken legs with all the remaining ingredients. Set aside for atleast half an hour.
- Lightly oil-brush your non-stick pan and set it on high. Once the pan is hot, pour out any excess oil from the pan.
- Place the chicken legs in the pan carefully (don’t add the sauce). Turn heat to low and cover lid.
- Allow the pieces to cook through before switching sides. Remove any gravy that accumulates in the pan. Cooking time for each side is about 5-7minutes.
- Transfer all the chicken pieces on to a serving plate.
- In the same pan, pour in all the gravy from the marinade bowl as well as the liquid you transferred out of the pan earlier. Cook this on medium heat for 4minutes. Turn off heat and serve along side the chicken pieces for additional gravy if required.
- Tastes best when served hot.