Healthy snacking is the big thing this day and age of covid19. Since we are home, away from her daily routines of hustling and bustling around, most of us are finding our selves bustling around the refrigerator many times a day. Haven’t you seen them memes about that!!
So together, my children and I we decided that if we wanted to binge eat; we’d binge on something healthy. For all you okra novices and okra lovers alike, I give you this Healthy Snack – the Masala Okra.
To be very clear, this is time consuming on the preparation part. It involves diligent slicing of the okra and that’s where most of the effort is needed. Beyond the cutting/slicing, this is a job for any rookie chef.
Ingredients :- (makes about 2 medium sized bowls)
- 1kg Okra *also known as lady finger
- 3tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp amchoor powder
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- salt, acc to taste
- chaat masala, acc to taste
- Wash and completely dry the okra.
- Cut off the head and the tails. Discard.
- Cut the okra into half. Further cut into halves. De-seed. (Image)
- Add the okra slices into a mixing bowl. Add all seasonings prepared except for salt & chaat masala. Use your fingers to move around the okra slices to make sure all of it gets covered in the seasonings.
- Place a frying pan on the stove. Set to medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot. Add salt into the okra mixture. Stir. Only then add them into the oil, in batches.
- Place a liner into your air-fryer. Spray some oil onto the okra.
- Air-Fry at 350 for 10-15minutes. Shake the basket twice in between to cook evenly.
- Generously sprinkle chaat masala right before serving.