Heatiness refers to when your body is struggling to keep cool. You may have it if you have unexplainable breakouts, mouth ulcers, chappy lips or a headache. Well I have it; I have the heatiness. I always had these non-explanative headaches usually when the temperature is high. I am just glad to finally have a label to put on it.
The GOOD NEWS is, a healthy, cooling summer beverage is all you need to beat heatiness.
If I were to make a cool refreshing beverage I’m not going to stop at lemonade. Now while summer days and lemonade go hand in hand. Indian Lemonade (also known as Shikanji; Shikanjvi) is like cool crashing waves.
‘Chatpata’ is what comes to mind when I have to explain the difference between the two. Indian lemonade has to be strong with a spice-forward approach and yet retains sweetness, sourness and tanginess, altogether.
I am proud to be sharing with you yet another recipe from my-origins.
*If your symptoms do not subside even though you’ve tried to keep your body cool then please see your general practitioner. This recipe is in no way meant to cure any disease. It’s merely a cool refreshing summer drink to cool your body down.
Ingredients:- (serves 2)
- 3 large juicy lime
- 2 ½ tbsp caster sugar (more or less, as preferred)
- ½ tsp black salt
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- pinch black pepper powder
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1 bottle soda
- In a bowl, squeeze lemon juice. Strain out the seeds.
- Add sugar, black salt, cumin powder, coriander powder and black pepper powder. Mix all the ingredients until the sugar dissolves.
- Pound some mint leaves (just enough to release the flavours).
- In a tall serving glass, put in about 4-5 tbsp of the syrup you prepared.
- Add mint to that.
- Add ice on top of the mint.
- Pour in the soda.
- Serve immediately.