Caprese, the world-renowned Italian salad is absolutely striking in ever manner – the colour combination of fresh mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh Italian basil with the outburst of flavours from the balsamic vinaigrette really takes your taste palate for a spin!!!
Now picture the Caprese salad on your favourite kind of Bagel. What you get is a pizza style Caprese bagel. And as you warm it up, the mozzarella melts into the bagel. Now all that is left to do is to drizzle some honey & balsamic vinaigrette over the bagel.
Wouldn’t this be an amazing way to kick start your day?
Ingredients:- (for 2)
- 1 bagels
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1-2 tbsp home-made pizza sauce
- 6 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 100g fresh water mozzarella
- Fresh Italian basil (as much as you like)
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup grated mozzarella
For the vinaigrette:
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt, to taste
Mix to combine. Set aside.
- Cut the bagel into equal halves.
- Spread butter on the front and back of the bagels.
- Spread a layer of your home-made pizza sauce.
- Add a layer of grated mozzarella.
- Arrange alternately between tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil leaves. (Lay out the cherry tomatoes cut side up).
- Sprinkle dried oregano generously.
- Set to bake at 180 ° for 5 minutes.
- Serve accompanied by the vinaigrette prepared.