While my younger son sings his affections for Indian cuisines, my older one proposes a new menu every now and then, mostly western. Currently he has a huge Burger fever and luckily my younger one enjoys them just as much as his brother.
Now burger is a family favourite especially for midnight cravings, and since I am so used to whipping these up quite late at night, I have a super delicious and easy recipe to share with you which comes with the classic gang of melted cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and homemade patty!
So if you live a bit out of town with scarce delivery services (like I do), and if you dislike the frozen patties, you must try this recipe…Once again I feel proud and happy to be sharing yet another one of my mother’s recipes.
- 6 burger buns
- 400gms pork lion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- a small bunch coriander
- black pepper, according to taste
- salt, according to taste
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup grated cheddar
- a few strips lettuce
- 1 sliced tomatoes
- jalapenos (optional)
- ketchup (optional)
- mayonnaise (optional)
- mustard (optional)
- butter or olive oil
- In a food processor, blend together pork lion (roughly chopped), onion, garlic, coriander, salt & black pepper.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the blended mixture and use your fingers & palms to form a flat rounded patty.
- Dunk this patty in beaten raw egg.
- Then roll the patty over breadcrumbs.
- To cook right away, heat up a grill pan and add some butter or oil.
- First grill the buns just so they are warm enough and set aside.
- Then grill the patty on medium-low heat for about 4-5minutes on each side or until you see grill marks. (Add more butter when ever the apn gets dry)
- Place some grated cheddar over the top of the cooked patty and flip it for just about a minute so the cheese gets heated and begins to melt. Quickly remove from the pan, straight over a bun.
- To keep the patty for later use, store them one on top of the other with butter paper in between. This can be frozen for about a month.
- Assemble your burger with your choice of spreads & sauces and vegetables.