Warning: There is no turning back from here.
Everybody who has tasted the Thai basil stir-fry on top of rice has loved it. Then when they tried the fried rice version (which is adding rice to the stir-fry) they loved that too.
And now allow me to introduce you to the version that you will love the most.
Sticky rice will never be the same again!
Ingredients: – (serves 2)
- 2 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 tsp, garlic minced
- 2 tsp fresh chillies, pounded (adjust according to taste)
- 120gms chicken breast, minced
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1-2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- A handful of holy basil leaves
- 1 cup cooked sticky rice
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Sauté garlic and chillies for a minute.
- Add in the minced chicken. Cook for 2 minutes. When it is still a little uncooked, add in the seasonings; dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Break the chicken using your spatula (if they have formed big chunks).
- Add plenty of holy basil. Mix to combine.
- Add sticky rice along with some water. (Slowly add the water. You do not have to use all of it. Add enough only to soften the sticky rice).
- Break the rice and combine all the ingredients. Make sure no white bits of the rice are left.
- Keep stirring on medium low heat until the rice absorbs all the water and once again, the rice has become sticky.
- Garnish with some fresh basil and serve immediately.