Summertime brings about so many thirst quenching, massively sweet and refreshing fruits. My favourite of all the summer fruit is Mango!!! Sometimes I end up over purchasing but instead of allowing them to turn bad, I turn them into fancy desserts.
With only 5 ingredients used, I present you this perfectly light and airy mango mousse!!
Ingredients: (for 6 large dessert bowls)
2 ripe mangoes.
1 small box whipping cream
3 tbsp Sugar
1 sheet gelatin
3 tbsp water
Fresh mint leaves
1. Soak gelatin in 1tbsp of plain water. After some time add 2tbsp of hot water to this. Mix to dissolve.
2. Puree 2 mangoes in a blender. Pour the gelatin in.
3. Whip the cream with an electric mixer with sugar. Slowly fold in the mango puree from the blender. (Leave a little of the mango puree for garnish). The folding process gives you an airy mousse.
4. Pour the mousse into serving bowls.
5.Use a small spoon to scoop up some mango puree and put in the centre of each mousse bowl.
6. Sprinkle some chia seeds, if you like (On Top)
7. Leave to set in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours.
8. Serve with fresh mangoes and mint leaves.