My husband, Avi is one of those people who do not like the ‘no-taste’ of water! Believe me, I do not quite understand ‘not liking water’ but I know a lot of people who have felt the same way. Anyway, to make sure that he stays hydrated during these very HOT & HUMID days. I hoard my refrigerator with many flavourful herbal drinks.
Bael fruit drink is one of my most regular visitor in the refrigerator. It is a perfect summer drink with anti-inflammatory properties. It contains fibre & vitamin C and is also great for weight loss (only if you are not adding that spoonful of sugar!!)
Living in Thailand, surely you have come across dried Bael fruit being sold in the supermarket, as well as by street vendors. It is really easy to find, without exaggeration. Other than the drink, Bael fruit also has many baking purposes.
It is a very easy drink to like…you’ll see….
p.s. This drink can be kept in the fridge up to 5 days !!
- 5 pcs, dried Bael fruit*
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1 litre water
- pinch of salt
*Dried Bael fruit is easily available in the dry fruits section of the supermarket. Many online sites like Shoppee & Lazada also have them.
- Set a pan on medium-low. Lightly roast the Bael fruit for 10-15 minutes.
- Set water to a boil.
- Add the roasted bail fruit to the pot of water. Cover lid. Cook on low for 25-30minutes.
- Strain out the Bael fruit.
- Add sugar & salt. Mix to dissolve the sugar.
- Turn off heat. Let it cool.
- Pour into a tall jug and put to chill.
- Serve when chilled in a glass full of ice.