Cravings!!!! Ever had that feeling late at night when you want something warm to bite into? I have them a lot and these are not just pregnancy cravings, they were there before as well!
Making cupcakes is also a great kitchen activity to involve your children in, especially with this recipe I have on hand. It bakes exactly 6 cupcakes – enough to satisfy any cravings (I hope!) With about 30-40minutes on hand, it is ideal for breakfast as well as midnight snacking.
Decorating the cakes is an entirely different matter though. I let the kids have fun with that. I am not very patient when it comes to art work myself and mostly do freestyle decorative using the easiest combination for frosting, which I will be happy to share here as well.
Pair these simple vanilla cup cakes with Ice cream and voila! you have an impressive dessert to put out for guests as well.
I bet you have most of the ingredients as it is on hand, let’s jump right in, shall we?
Ingredients: (*makes 6 standard size cupcakes)
- ¾ cup multi purpose flour
- ½ cup fine sugar (or less, depending on your liking)
- pinch of salt (only if using unsalted butter)
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 white eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Ingredients for frosting:
Cream Cheese frosting
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- ½ pack Philadelphia cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar (or as desired)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Whipped Cream frosting
- 5ooml heavy cream, well chillied
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 185 c.
- Line the muffin tray with cupcake paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift in all the dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour in the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl. Mix on medium-high using a hand mixer or a stand mixer. Scrape down the sides of the bowl using a silicone spatula.
- You should have a thick creamy batter. Pour equally into the lined muffin tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-24minutes. To check if the cupcakes are ready, poke a toothpick in the center and it should come out dry and clean.
- Enjoy these cup cakes warm immediately with a scoop of Ice cream.
- Or set to cool completely before you start preparing the frosting.
- For the frosting, beat together all the ingredients using a hand or stand mixer. Beat until smooth and well combined.
- Either decorate free style or convert into piping bags and design each cake, as you like.