A perfect week night dish, chicken & broccoli stir fry is really a no brainer recipe. It is one of the most basic and easy-to-follow Asian stir fry.
All you need is to pick a protein of your choice, pick a vegetable and prepare the sauce. The sauce again is made up of easy and must have components in your pantry. So, if any day I find myself running out of time I jump at this recipe without giving it any thought. It always has and always will be my family’s favourite.
Some times just to add a kick to the usual flavours I add ginger for a some light spiciness . Other times, I add orange zest and some sesame oil for the comfortable mild touch and yet have a ZING factor.
In spite of being a dish you can quickly cook, it is also flavourful and very healthy. So mommies, let’s get on with it …bring out your woks!!!!
• 1 tbsp cooking oil
• 1 tbsp crushed garlic
• 1 cup broccoli florets
• 1 cup sliced chicken breast
• ¼ tsp dark soya sauce (ซีอิ๊วดำ)
• 1 tbsp light soya sauce (ซีอิ๊วขาว)
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce (น้ำมันหอย)
• ¼ cup stock or water
• Pinch of black pepper
1. To the oil heated in a wok or any large skillet, add the garlic prepared. Fry for a few minutes
2. Add the chicken breast. If the wok is too dry, pour in some water or stock.
3. After 2 minutes or when the chicken is cooked half way through, add in the broccoli florets. (If serving to grownups let the chicken cook through before adding the florets so that the broccoli stays crisp).
4. Season with oyster sauce, light & dark soya sauce & black pepper. Mix well.
5. If you want the broccoli softer, add more stock and cover lid. Let this cook for another 3minutes. Skip this step if you are satisfied with the texture of the broccoli.
6. Serve with Thai rice topped with a sunny side up egg.